Gaelic: Rinn Dealgros
The "K3" telephone box at Rhynd
|Council:||Perth & Kinross|
The parish church was built in 1842, and replaced an earlier church at Easter Rhynd, two miles to the south-east, where the churchyard can still be seen. The village has an unusual "K3" telephone box, a concrete variant of the more common "K2", which is protected as a category A listed building as the only surviving example in Scotland. The 16th-century Elcho Castle, built by the Wemyss family, lies half a mile to the north, and is now in the care of Historic Scotland.
- Haynes, Nick (2000). Perth & Kinross: an illustrated architectural guide. Architectural guides to Scotland. 24. Edited by Charles McKean. Rutland Press. p. 46. ISBN 9781873190128.
- "Rhynd Village, K3 Telephone Kiosk: Listed Building Report". Historic Scotland. http://hsewsf.sedsh.gov.uk/hslive/hsstart?P_HBNUM=17718.
- "Elcho Castle". Historic Scotland. http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/propertyresults/propertyoverview.htm?PropID=PL_132.
This Perthshire article is a stub: help to improve Wikishire by building it up.