Mawsley is a newly built village and civil parish in Northamptonshire. At the time of the 2011 census, the parish had a population of 2,320. Until 1 April 2004, Mawsley was part of the nearby civil parish of Cransley.
Mawsley was first planned in 1993 and construction began in 2001. The village is complete with a school, doctors' surgery and village hall all provided by the developers.
Mawsley was built not far from the site of a mediæval lost village of the same name, which went out of use by the 17th century. A Roman villa was found nearby, as well as other archeological evidence. In the 1940s there were still two occupied bungalows with the registered address of The Bungalows, Mawsley but these disappeared around 1950. These bungalows could be accessed via Mawsley Lane leading from Loddington.
Facilities include a local One Stop Shop and Coffee Shop, which are situated in Barnwell Court. A hairdresser and nursery is also in the court.
- Office for National Statistics: Mawsley CP: Parish headcounts Retrieved 16 July 2015.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|