Fowlis Easter is a parish on the eastern border of Perthshire, containing the village of Fowlis. Located six miles north-west of Dundee, the parish is surrounded on three sides by Angus; its sole connection to the rest of Perthshire is by its western boundary with Longforgan. The adjunct Easter is necessary to distinguish this parish from the otherwise identically-named Fowlis Wester in the same county. The population at the 2011 census was 516.
The church of Fowlis is a very ancient and beautiful structure, having been erected about the year 1142, traditionally in fulfilment of a vow for the safe return of her husband from the crusades, by a Lady Mortimer. It is a remarkably fine specimen of the richest style of Norman architecture, in the most perfect state of preservation, and abounding in interesting details.
- Location map: 56°29’35"N, 3°7’34"W
This Perthshire article is a stub: help to improve Wikishire by building it up.