|Post town:||Berwick Upon Tweed|
The houses of Ord are widely scattered across the parish. East Ord village itself is small, built in a rectangular form enclosing a green.
The village was originally called Ord: Middle Ord and West Ord were built at a later date. It gave its name to the family of Ord and was the family's seat. The Ords of Ord owned the village until the early fifteenth century.
To the east of the village is Ord House, the manor house of the village. The house was originally built for Admiral Godolfin Osborne in 1789 noted in 1828 as belonging to James Grieve Esquire and an Osborne lived there until 1954. The Manor house and grounds are now part of Ord House Country park, a quiet landscaped Caravan Park.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about East Ord)
- "Northumberland Communities". http://communities.northumberland.gov.uk/East%20Ord.htm. Retrieved 31 December 2008.