The North Sea coast of Drainie
Drainie is a parish on the North Sea coast of Morayshire comprising the town of Lossiemouth and surrounding area. This parish consists of the ancient parishes of Kinnedar and Ogston.
The name of Drainie, belonging to an estate on which a new church was built about the year 1666, was after that event applied to the whole parish. The parish church itself found itself isolated inside RAF Lossiemouth and was demolished following a storm in the early 1950s after which the belfry and east gable collapsed.
The parish is bounded by to the west by Duffus, to the south by Spynie and to the west by St Andrews-Lhanbryd and Urquhart.
This Morayshire article is a stub: help to improve
Wikishire by building it up.